THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 26, 2009

Secondary education has masive problems in my eyes.

As I was was reading the Sizer section in Reading Culture I could not help but think that the section was extremely boring and drawn out. Who cares what some snot nosed kid thinks about some little assembly? I am sure that no one does. Also a normal high school day does not include an assembly or anything of the sort. This section goes on to prove that the secondary education is one of the most backwards things ever. I may sound childish or whatever but this is effecting the children that are being taught. When kids are being taught straight from a book like in the "No Child Left Behind" system that we are actually discouraging them form paying attention or even trying to learn. And that system is discouraging promising people from becoming teachers. Who wants to teach straight from a book; where's the fun in that? I hate the fact that this reading felt like a waste of time to me. All I had to do was look back into the not so distant past and see the all of the things being pointed out to me. I give the reading a 1 out of 5...

0 comments: